GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES – Assists in examination and treatment of patients under direction of Physician by performing the following duties.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height, and records information on patients’ charts.
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Drapes patients with covering and positions instruments and equipment.
- Hands instruments and materials to doctor as directed.
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments.
- Inventories medical supplies and materials, notifying the clinical Supervisor or Office Manager when replacements are needed.
- Operates electrocardiograph (EKG) and other equipment to administer routine diagnostic test or calls medical facility or department to schedule patients for tests.
- Complies, condenses and keys data into computer to maintain office and patient records.
- Triages telephone calls for referral to physician.
- Provides general information on departmental policies and procedures.
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
- Participated in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations. Maintains patient confidentiality.
Education and/or Experience – A high school diploma or GED is required. Graduation from a recognized training facility for nursing assistants is preferred. Additional appropriate education may be substituted for certification. And at least one (1) year of experience in a physician practice is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations - NA or CNA (if applicable) CPR certification.
Physical Demands - Requires full range of motion including handling and lifting manual and finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination. Requires standing and walking for long periods of time. Must be able to lift 50 pounds and occasionally lift and carry items weighing up to 100 pounds. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Work is often performed under stringent time lines and evening and weekend work may be required. Download Application